I will be consulting and designing technology plans and in- services for school districts throughout California.
- Complete my masters in educational technology by 2016.
- Complete an administrative credential by 2017.
- I will re-establish my consulting position with Pearson Publishing. However, I would be working within the technology division.
- Become a Google certified teacher.
- Network by joining educational technology associations and presenting at educational technology conferences.
- Hold an administrative position within a school district.
In order to ascertain my goal in five years or sooner I will make a commitment to complete the above mentioned steps. A master’s degree will legitimize myself as a specialist which will assist me in my efforts in becoming an independent consultant. To sharpen my presentation skills and in-service planning I will re-establish my consulting position with Pearson Educational Publishing. However, I would be working within the technology division to gain insight of upcoming curriculum products poised for adoption. As more and more school districts implement 1:1 digital programs there will be a tremendous need for consultant trainers who are proficient with Google products to serve their staffs. Therefore I need to become a certified Google teacher to meet this demand. Lastly, creating networks by joining technological associations and presenting regularly at technology conferences will get my “foot in the door” with some districts. Establishing relationships will be critical to my pursuit of assisting school sites with meaningful integration of technology.